My experience in business and tech
Healthcare – Telecom – Technology
Strategy . Optimization . Marketing . Products . Sales . Tech
Studio IQ LLC
Business Growth, Implementation, Sales Support 2020-present
Studio IQ is about enabling your business to succeed in turbulent times or during windows of opportunity. Advisory: marketing (strategy, campaigns, messaging, sites), solutions, digital adoption, and culture.
- Created Capability Quotient Assessment for business growth, effectiveness, and fixing pain points.
- Created Customer Value Matrix with customer experience vs job to be done chart.
- Assisting IT tech company to grow revenue with brand, marketing, solution mix, and messaging.
- Assist Health startup with marketing services, go to market advisory, video tech, and eLearning.
- Developed storyboard for patient experience eLearning videos.
- Assist national Career business with marketing and sales campaign support.
- Assist high tech startup with go to market advisory.
- Training on Diversity & Inclusion, organizational thinking, engagement, and leadership.
Author, Speaker 2014-2016
- New book: “Commercializing Consumer Engagement”. How to engage people to manage chronic diseases through ultra-personalization and data techniques.
- Speaker circuit discussing consumer centricity and digital patient engagement. Keynote speaker, chair, and panels at major industry conferences and private company events.
- Created the GOST model for strategic delivery and planning. (Goals, Objectives, Strategy, Tactics).
- Consultant: healthcare solutions for engagement, engagement platforms, customer experience.
Executive Advisor – Customer Success 2018–2020
- Strategic Advisor and executive sponsor: Assisted senior executives apply digital solutions on an aPaaS to Pharma and Finance and apply strategic ideas and concepts for growth.
- Workshops for business development and problem resolution at biotechs, pharma, providers, and payers. Problem resolution, architecture, requirements, design, and concept models.
- SME: aPaaS in technical and business to ensure success and extract value from use
- SME: Digital COE’s and Strategy, IoT, Bots, Solutions, Portals, Mobile, Solution Architecture.
- Solution architect: Sanofi AI/ML & IoT; Kaiser Permanente Digital COE and Digital solutions.
- Solution architect: IoT cold chain solution for Grifols and Sanofi (process, wireframes, tech).
- Program management and CRM for derailed projects at 2 distressed account.
- CRM: Focused on customer success and product adoption. Turnaround 2 large customers.
- Healthcare sales team support with campaigns, messaging, demos, solutions.
Mentor for women employee program.
Senior Director – Enterprise Platform Sales 2016 – 2018
- Sold low code aPaaS cloud licenses $2.1 Mn and created new use cases for tech adoption and expansion at Sanofi.
- Successful trial in production for P2P application at Sanofi – 90,000 users.
- Email campaigns management through SalesForce.
- Turnaround customer – within 1 year, customer’s vendor satisfaction metrics moved from mostly RED to all GREEN – Sanofi.
- Expanded use from R&D into Business side at customer.
- Convinced Bristol-Myers Squibb to adopt a low code platform as a new core system.
- Solution architecture: Business, R&D, Core services and IT at Sanofi.
- New AI/ML and IoT apps to Sanofi for expanded uses in automation.
- Led the Appian message shift from BPM to digital transformation for sales and marketing.
- Built sales tools and positioning decks for the sales team.
Paragon Solutions – CGI
Healthcare Practice Lead 2013–2014
- First call resolution (FCR) and CX workshop for Horizon Blue Cross call centers.
- Solution architect for consumer-centric retail health business models for healthcare payers.
- Program management for Humana customer centric initiatives.
- Strategic analysis on mobile for Horizon Blue.
- Built medication adherence mobile Proof of Concept for Merck.
- Email campaign management and lead gen.
- Numerous thought leader articles around customer experience.
Vice President, Customer Experience and Engagement 2005–2012
- Thriving Professional Services startup. Highest YOY revenue growth. pharma, payers, providers. Teams: BA, Design, Sales, Tech, Test, Project Mgmt., and eLearning.
- In PS, achieved a 4.85 out of 5 customer satisfaction rating over 5 years and highest profit margin.
- Managed eLearning team and provided iPad proposal app for UNH sales teams.
- Senior executive culture facilitator driving behavioral change to go from $100 Bn to $200 Bn revenue.
- Designed/built biometric engagement platform shown at CES 2012. Backed by CMO.
- Redesigned UHC broker, employer, and provider portals.
- New marketing strategy placing UHG in health/life apps and embed services into lifestyles.
- Executive advocate for customer centric initiatives.
Senior Director, Innovation Lab 2005–2007
- Business solution architect to C Suite for new offers, programs, and initiatives for market penetration. Requirements, tech integration, and PoCs. OpenGate initiative for C Suite enabling consumer market entry for health services.
- Solution architect for Exante CEO on the integrated smart card initiative using RFID/mag stripe.
- Solution architect for customer experience program to consolidate 150+ sites. Requirements and prototype.
- Program management, requirements, and design/deployment of customer portal myuhc.com with 5 Mn users.
- Program management for integrated card, OpenGate, RFID, and other healthcare initiatives.
Studio IQ LLC
Intelligent Communications Services
General Manager 2001-2005
- Start up for Cold Fusion application development. Lucent telecom contracts. Requirements, design and build.
- Business analysis, solution architecture, design, test, and build for automated Corporate Radio System for communications and training,
- Business analysis, solution architecture, requirements, design, build, test, and host for Online Survey Services and online ecommerce system.
- Developed HR support applications for Lucent. Requirements, design, build, and test.
Bell Labs – Lucent Technologies
Advanced Mobile Media Director, Wireless Data 1999-2001
- Lead entry into new mobile internet data market for company. Solution architecture, requirements, design, PoCs, build, and launch.
- Go to market strategy with Mobile Media Platform (Voice Gateway) product. Built carrier-grade Voice Gateway, Mobile Media Platform, that integrated voice, ASR, TTS, alerting. Theory, solution architecture, requirements, design, build, test, and launch. Launched 2001.
- Created Application Developer’s program to accelerate adoption of the Mobile Media Platform.
- Wireless sensor (IoT) concept models. Architecture and design.
- Invented new mobile app, AudioRunner™, personalized audio content delivery via voice. Pre-iTunes. Theory, architecture, concept model, design, and build.
- Managed $1 million Digital COE and incubator for rapid prototype creation.
- Sales team support and training for wireless and transmission BUs.
CIO Wireless BU 1996-1999
- Created Mobile Internet Innovation Lab for a concept incubator, product accelerator.
- Transformed Wireless BUs to adopt digital methods and internet earning 900% ROI.
- New end user computing services supporting 50,000 employees.
- Solution architecture, requirements, design, build, and operations for largest intranet site for company.
- Corporate content consolidation while extending company wide access saving 10’s of thousands.
- Created Lucent Web Radio: 24×7 automated corporate communications and training.
- Elected to Leadership Development Program – the top 1%. Elected to officer pool.
Head of Product Marketing, Wireless BU
- Managed the global $3-4 billion wireless product portfolio.
- Strategy, emerging tech products, customer requirements/VOC, customer success/CSAT
- Changed from tech to market driven products – increased market share 10% to 50% market share.
- Go to market with new digital tech for dominant market position against competition.
- Support global sales team with business development, training, sales tools, and marcom for products using Digital tech.
Senior Sales Marketing Manager, Wireless BU
- Created and negotiated two mega deals worth $214 Mn with NYNEX Mobile and SNET.
- Directed and funded AT&T/NYNEX $2 Mn joint marketing campaign (reliability) to protect against digital threat.
- Directed customer needs and requirements for growth
- CSAT and CRM for senior customer executives
- Elected to Leadership Development Program – top 1% of work force. Elected to officer pool.
Global Sales Executive, VAR Manager
- $4 Mn international cable sales to EMEA governments. $3 Mn transmission, $5 Mn switching sales to carriers.
- VAR program growth: zero to $100 Mn in annual sales. Sales support, programs, and marketing.
Prior Job Roles
- Computer system enterprise sales – NCR
- Application developer – IBM Systems
- System analyst – IBM Systems
- Computer center operations manager – IBM Systems